Mark your calendar to celebrate Father's Day this Sunday. I'm so lucky to have an amazing father myself along with an exception father to my children. Be sure to show the men in your life some extra love this weekend!
|My dad & my husband on the High Hunt, September 2009|
1. Stud Finder. Locating studs in a wall helps with everything from hanging pictures to attaching handrails. There are many models to choose from.
2. Knife Sharpener.Quickly, easily, and accurately keep blades working at their best.
3. Floating Waterproof LED Flashlight. LEDs are super bright and the waterproof floating design is great if the light is dropped in a clogged bathtub or puddle on the driveway.
4. Multi-Tool. These handy devices can include a wide variety of tools from wire strippers, files, different sized pliers to screwdrivers. Prices increase with the number of options.
5. Drill Bit Set.A new set of drill bits can be appreciated if Dad had his power drill a while and some of the original drill bits have dulled.
6. Packaged Tool Set. Typically the case contains dozens of tools for basic household projects. Keep handy in a closet. Look for sets that include a hammer, tape measure, and level.
7. Hearing Protector with AM/FM Radio and Music Player Compatibility. This is for operating power tools and garden equipment. The design lets Dad listen to his favorite radio station or connect to an MP3 music player through the built-in input jack.
8. Tool Belt. Convenient for carrying tools to the place Dad will use them. Consider adding some items like a big set of pliers or vise grips.
9. Cordless Power Drill. These are great for lots of jobs around the house. Good home units are reasonably priced.
10. String Trimmer. This is perfect for edging lawns and cutting areas too small for the mower. Choose from gas, battery powered, or corded electric models.
11. Leaf Blower. Cleans up leaves and grass clippings, but also terrific for keeping the garage floor clean. There are gas, battery, and corded electric options.
12. Tool Box. Choose between portable models or cabinets with drawers that can swallow a whole workshop.