Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Kick-Off Blood Drive A Huge Success


This year more than 200,000 people in western Washington will donate blood at Puget Sound Blood Centers. Because of their generosity, PSBC is able to serve 70 hospitals and 21 clinics in western Washington. Every day, PSBC delivers more than 1000 units of lifesaving blood.

Earlier this year, I proposed to my local Realtor office, Thurston County REALTORS Association (TCRA), that we re-establish our affiliation with the Puget Sound Blood Center. My proposal explained that each month, a Broker Member Office would hold a mobile blood drive at their location.

With 100% support by the Board of Directors, I scheduled the first mobile blood drive to be held at my office, RE/MAX Parkside Affiliates and over a month's time, I secured the 20+ donors needed.

Today was our first mobile blood drive and it was a bloody success! We had 25 blood donors and 15 of them were first time donors! I am extremely grateful to those who took the 45 minutes out of their day to participate in this event.

Every day something remarkable happens. And every day Puget Sound Blood Center makes it possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment